Seeing all that chocolate in town made me motivated to debark on some original chocolate-making of my own. As I had a pack of non-opened hemp flour we had gotten on sale, some whole rice flour—and a bar of 90% lindts chocolate, I just needed some eggs and was ready to go. Here’s the line up of ingredients:
- 6 squares of 90% chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 cup of virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- A teaspoon of instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup of hemp flour
- 1/2 whole rice flour
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cacao powder
- a pinch of salt
- Almonds for topping
Mix up the coconut oil and chocolate first, add in all the ingredients, and voila! 18-20 minutes in the oven at 175 degrees.
Result? Well, not bad for healthy brownies, but they turned out a bit dry. Still need to improve on that fudge-y texture! Happy Valentines!